Monday, October 1, 2012

Memorial day weekend.. yes, I am that behind!!

Yes, I am super slow but I was looking through the pictures and decided I really needed to log these great pictures..

In our agreement with Camp Floyd we committed to helping Memorial Day. Our family was in charge of showing off the pioneer era games. We all had to dress up and show people the things that people did for entertainment. It was just a few days after Briggs had his tonsils removed so Grandma Snyder was nice enough to be Dave's wife for the day and help so I could stay home with Briggs.

Grandma Snyder, Kaylee all dressed up and playing with their hoop game and game of grace

One handsome Daddy with his beautiful pioneer girls

oops.. :)

Me and Briggs joined them for lunch



On the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend we went on a little road trip adventure and visited a ton of family graves in the county...

First we went to American Fork and visited my grandpa Gibbs (My moms Dad)



He ran a ski lodge in Alta and designed this Alta snowflake. Super cool guy!!!

Next we visited Daves Grandparents (Susans mom and dad)


Then Daves Grandma.. His dads mom

Daves half brother that died as an infant.  (Love how the headstone did say son of Billy- that was his dads real name and he hated it so he legally changed it to William, but scratched out the "ly" on the headstone so it says Bill)  :)

One of Daves Grandmas husbands

Dave and the kids by grandma Dodson and half brother baby Cary

Daves Grandpa - his dads dad

Dave and the kidos by grandpa Snyder

My friend and brother in laws sister. She died in a car accident when I was in high school and we were very close.

The poem on the back of her headstone. Love it!

Me and the girls with Mindy

Kaylee wanted to trace the team ropers on the front to keep.



Daves mom has an aunt that died as an infant and in buried in Eureka so we try to go out there and clean up her spot and visit her.
Kaylee found a snake -it was dead.

Aspen liked to supervise.

Caden playing with the dead snake Kaylee planted in a tree to scare people

Briggs was really thirsty I guess.





Cleaning up her grave spot

Caden found a stink bug that he was keeping his eye on.

Kaylee with her pretty rose that she was saving for my friend Alexas grave.

I think they were ready to be done..

The kids

Everyone but me.. just the way I prefer when it comes to pictures :)

My best buddy back in the day. Alexa.

Me and Kaylee. This actually creeped me out a bit. Getting my picture taken with my daughter who was almost the same age as I was when Alexa and I were riding bikes together when she got hit. Its hard to believe its been that long ago. I still remember as if it was just last month. Now to have a kid that age and seeing her with her best friends. It seems like I was way older.

No comments:

Post a Comment