Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Aspen's 6th Birthday

August 17th Aspen had her 6th birthday.  Dave was out of town backpacking in the Unitas the day of her birthday so we had our own fun day. We went and got pizza and took it to a pool at the Tooele Army Depot with my sister Jessica and her kids. Had lunch and Twinkies for desert and swam.  It was a super fun day. They had a slide that the kids loved.  Briggs would just go and go and go. He would come sling shotting it out of the end, fly out and dunk under the water only to come up for air long enough to say "again" Kaylee had fun practicing swimming by herself and did really good going off the diving boards, even the big one lots with no life jacket. After a while Aspen said she wanted to try swimming so we worked on it for a little bit then she jumped to me off the sides and would swim back to the edge. Then all she wanted to do was go off the diving board all by herself without a life jacket. I was nervous but she wouldn't give it up so finally I went off first and just stayed right under the board to help catch her.  Then to my surprise she jumped off with no hesitation, popped back up and doggie paddled herself to the side with no help! I was shocked. She was so excited and just kept doing it. I was so proud of her. I am so bumbed that I didn't take my camera and didn't get any pictures of her swimming by herself for the first time on her birthday.  Dave got home the day after so we had her actual cake and party then. She was a super good sport and even waited to open her presents when dad was home!! 

This is her cake. Its awesome!! (that's being sarcastic.)  Kaylee got her this barbie at the dollar store and wanted it to be part of her cake and she loves cupcakes so we tried the cupcakes being her dress. Well as you can see it didn't turn out all that great. Actually it was pretty horrid!! Aspen still loved it and Kaylee was proud that her gift was used in it. We just tried to hide that the barbie had very little hair and laughed about it. The cupcakes were good though  :)

Thinking of what her wish will be (maybe that her barbie wouldn't be so scary looking:)

Blowing out her candles

Hiding her scary hair. :)

Make up!! She could get makeup for every birthday and Christmas and be happy as can be!

Yea, her own lunch box for first grade. Its even hello kitty. She loves Hello Kitty everything, but its funny because I don't even think she has seen the show.

And her very favorite.. Her dream lights pillow pet!

She LOVES it!!
We feel so blessed to have Aspen in our family.  She is the sweetest most loving thing ever! She loves to write notes to us and hang them up in the house. I have one on my bathroom mirror with her telling me she loves me.  She is always smiling or laughing! She is the spaz of the family.  She can always make us laugh! She has lost 2 teeth with her top 2 loose.  She still loves to cuddle which I love. She comes in our bed almost every night- which I don't really love- she smothers you when shes sleeping. I wake up to her right in my face breathing heavy with one arm and leg swung over me.  It makes for a stiff morning but I do love to cuddle her.  She loves babies and will do anything to hold them or help with them. She loves her grammys and grampys as she calls them.  She is learning how  to read good and it is so fun to watch her learn and grow.  She is very thoughtful and sweet with her friends and cousins. She is very tender hearted. Aspen, we love you so much and are so proud of you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment