Monday, June 6, 2011

Mothers Day 2011

Oh man, here I am again falling behind on my posts! I have a whole list of things to record for my journal here on the blog and for some reason the list just keeps getting bigger!


I have the best family ever! I wanted to record the nice things they did for me for mothers day.


At school Kaylee filled out this little paper about me where she had to fill in the blanks. I loved it. The answers she came up with are great! (Like where it says I weigh 120 lbs!!!) My favorite part is where it asks if I could have one wish what would it be? and she said "having naps" AMEN!!! That is so true!




The card Kaylee made for me



This is a card Kaylee made me for my birthday that I loved.


Aspens card she made me



Then my dear sweet hubby who has basically no time for anything now a days between his full time job, church calling, doing school full time and his 4 young kids- made this for me. He burned this poem that I love into the wood to hang in our house. It is so pretty. My husband is seriously amazing!!! I feel so blessed to have such a great family. They make me so happy. I just hope and pray that I can be the mother and wife that they deserve!!




The poem says:


Some houses try to hide the fact that children shelter there


Ours boasts of it quite regularly, the signs are everywhere


for smears are on the windows little smudges on the door


I should apologize I guess for the toys strewn on the floor


But I sat down with the children and we played and laughed and read


And if the doorbell doesn't shine their eyes will shine instead


For when at times I'm force to choose the one job or the other


I want to be a housewife, but first I'll be a mother!




I love that poem- It is so true! Often times I feel like I am torn. Give the kids the attention they are begging for or put them off for a while while I finish my house work. I the long run the kids need us much more than the house being spotless!




I am so blessed not only with my cute little family, but with being the daughter to the most amazing selfless woman I have ever met! My mom is so willing to help out where needed and rarely takes time for herself! I am also so happy to marry into such a great family and to have the best mother in law anyone could ever ask for! She is great and I am forever thankful for her and the amazing man she raised that I am lucky enough to have for a husband. Thanks to both of my moms and my grandmas and my sisters and sister in laws.. their examples mean more to me then they will ever know!


A little late, but I hope everyone had a great day to honor the mothers in their life!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being such a great mother to my grandkids. You are raising such a fine family. I couldn't ask for better. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete