Thursday, June 9, 2011

A little taste of spring.... finally!!

We are so excited that the weather is finally getting a little better. The kids are loving to be outside and me too!! Today while walking in the backyard something red caught my eye.. Can you believe I have a red strawberry that is almost ready to be devoured by me within the next day or two! HOORAY!!! I Love watching things come back to live after the winter. I found a leaf on my grapes a few days ago that I was sure was dead and I had one artichoke plant make it through the winter that's growing big. I have big hopes for that baby this year!! Our nectarine tree is loaded with nectarines. Our 2 bee hives are a buzzin busy making us honey.

WE LOVE IT!!

Briggs was such a great helper when I was working in the garden. He loved the yummy mink manure we were tilling in! :) jk.. Its just dirt. He got mad when I wouldn't let him eat the manure! I know.. I'm a mean mom!



He loved the way the rocks would grind and scratch on his teeth.. just writing this makes me cringe!


Caden is happy its warm enough to play with his favorite things.. the chickens. He loves to catch them then sit down and hold them on his lap and pet them.



This is how he catches them



I had to just throw this one in. Caden still loves to play with his dolls and nurse them. He really does take such good care of them. Here he had them all beds made and they were tucked in and he was pretending to take a nap with them. On Sunday they said he was playing with a baby in nursery and someone tried taking it and Caden just about leveled them.. no tolerance for kidnapping!! :)


1 comment:

  1. Caden will make a great daddy one day.
    Yum Yum -- Briggs loves his vitamins and minerals "au naturale"

    ReplyDelete