Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Major disaster with our bee hives!

A month or so ago we had a major micro burst roll through our house. Dave happened to be out on a motorcycle ride and it hit him pretty good. I was in Rush Valley at my sisters house because I had to go to Grantsville to pick up the bee suits we had ordered- and it was a good thing!! Dave called me telling me I had better hurry home with the bee suits because the wind had blown our hives over and the bees were mad! So I hurried home and we geared up to put them all back together. it took a few hrs and yes, they were ticked! I was glad we got our suites that day! they were trying to sting us, buzzing all around our heads. One somehow got in my veil so it was crawling around on my face. I was trying not to totally freak out when it crawled on my lips, but when it started going up my nose I lost it and freaked a little and smashed it before it could sting me. At that moment I wondered what the heck we had gotten ourselves into!!

This is Dave telling me to put the dang camera down and help him :)


Hives tipped over

That's the little outhouse thing we built that they go under that actually blew over and scattered the hives.


This is one of the boxes, there were like 6-7 of these filled with bees- Just imagine how many mad bees that is!

2 comments:

  1. That's not fun! but I will admit that I giggled while reading your post, especially when I saw and read about the picture of Dave! Hope the bees are now safe and happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of Dave reminds me of an astronaut. Funny!!

    ReplyDelete