Sunday, March 18, 2012

Caden, Caden, Caden... what to do with him?

I've pretty much decided that for now Caden is my challenge in life! Don't get me wrong, I seriously love the kid to pieces! I really do. He is so stinkin cute and when hes being good he is so sweet. He is super smart and independent, which I think is part of the problem. Today for some reason he has almost pushed me over the top, so I am venting. (but, I'm cranky anyway, so it didn't take much.) The day started out not too bad, he got ready for church good, did ok during church, he did cry a little saying he wanted to come home, but he went to class and did pretty good. This afternoon well, lets back up to yesterday.. I was emptying garbages when I noticed the bathroom garbage had urine in it. I stared quizzing and the girls of course said, it wasnt them and that was gross. I of course knew who the culprit was, so when I asked him he said "nope, it was Briggs" and ran away.. really? blame it on the little one? So we had a little chat about how we only go potty on the toilet. So now back to today.. This afternoon I was sitting on the boys room floor changing Briggs messy diaper, when I happen to glance over and there is a log of fecal matter. I yell for Caden to come here and explain what this was on their bedroom floor when he again tries to tell me it was Briggs, which I know isn't true because I just changed his messy diaper. Caden finally fessed up to it and then I asked him if he did it anywhere else and to show me so he said he did and led me to a decent size pile on the back lawn just off the porch!! our poor neighbors, I hope they didn't see. He decided he wanted a bath so while I could hear water splashing I went to check on him and noticed urine in the garbage again. Now I'm super mad!! Got it all cleaned up and put Caden in a diaper because I insisted that big boys go in the potty and if he didn't want to go in the potty he was a baby and needed to wear a diaper. He wasn't very happy about that but I wanted to make a point. We went over to my parents to visit for a while and Kaylee came to tell me that Caden just peed on grandmas front lawn (sorry mom!) He had on the one piece foot jamies and he couldn't get them back so by the time I got out there he was waddling back home with his jamies around his ankles, naked from there up. He was already back to our house, so I let Dave deal with that. I felt I had my share for the day. So needless to say I was on my last straw and not to mention he kept escaping to my parents. We were all ready for prayer, and no Caden. Had to drag him home from grandpas house! He climbed up in his bunk bed and decided he didn't want hes Book of Mormon up there anymore, and hucked it on the ground, but missed and slammed right down on my head. Already had a headache, now instantly its throbbing. I couldn't help the tears! Tried to not let him have it as he came and hugged me better and climbed back in bed. Tucked them in and left, tried to compose myself for a minute when I hear a ruckus and Briggs stared screaming so I went to see whats going on and Caden had slammed the door on Briggs head so I lose it and yell for Caden to get to sleep. Re tuck them in and shut the door behind me. I decided I needed a long hot bath with a book! Caden stuck his head in a few times but I kept telling him to get back to bed. I just emerged form my 1 1/2 hr bath and went to check on everyone only to find Cadens whole room covered in baby powder. He must have been on his top bunk and just spraying it everywhere. EVERYWHERE!! I was glad to see Briggs still breathing and not suffocated from the powder. I check in Cadens bed and no sign of him. Only yogurt smeared or maybe flung? on the wall by a spoon and on his bed and some half eaten cheese sticks. Then I find Caden sound asleep in my bed. Looking so peaceful. Another thing he has started doing the last week or so is escaping and leaving our yard. He will take off around the block, or to his buddy Corbys house which is about 2 1/2 blocks away. Most of the time Briggs follows him or tries to until he cant keep up anymore, so then I have 2 lost kids. Then I panic!! I really am at a loss at what to do with him. He can be so sweet and so fun when he wants and other times he tries my patience like nothing else. Dave just kindly asks me to remember what I was like when I was little. Which if you know me when I was little, I wasn't great, but I don't think I was quit like this. :)


See, he can be so sweet and extra handsome (or something) :)

He loves dressing up in any play clothes he can find, and usually wears them all at the same time.



Climbing the tree in the back yard



Every time I load pictures from my camera to the computer I get lots of these shots. Anytime he gets a hold of the camera he tries to get a picture of himself which ends up a nice shot up his nose and his mouth. Makes me laugh every time.

I Love him to pieces when he is asleep! He got these new race car gloves that he wears all of the time. He has to sleep with them and I guess the rock next to him. He gets some pretty random things to sleep with!



There are many more stories of him lately, but for now I am done and i am going to bed and praying for a better day tomorrow!

Sorry so long, just venting, plus I need proof for when he gets older, he owes me!!

Promise though, I do love him!

2 comments:

  1. You should start a blog just dedicated to the life of Caden :) I feel bad for you - you definately have your hands full with that boy, but Heavenly Father knew you were the one to handle him. I think you are doing an AMAZING JOB!! I love you buddy - It will get better (I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that comment. I don't think I would have the patience. I would have vented another way, not by writing a blog. Watch out Caden!!:)

    ReplyDelete