Saturday, April 9, 2011

What happens around our place on cold snowy spring days..

I have to admit- as much as we love the moisture, we were a little bumbed about the snow today. We are ready for some warm days to work and play outside! We decided to just hang out today. It was great. Slept in, lounged around, cleaned the house as a family. Kind of boring but fun to just be together with nothing planned. Here's some of our days fun..


I put Briggs down stairs to play while I worked in the kitchen- knowing he would be safe there, he couldn't crawl over to any stairs and fall down them. After a few mins Dave had me come look- here came Briggs climbing up the stairs. He always stands up to the bottom one, but never climbed them before. He made it all the way up to the kitchen. So much for a stationary baby!! Nows when it gets hard for the next couple of years. I love to see him grow and do new things, but I also hate for my baby to be gone. Either way, we love him to pieces!

Kaylee was giving Briggs a ride in the little wheel barrow.

They got a little smarter and got him a blanket for a pillow, a towel for a blanket , toys to play with and an apple to gnaw on. Dave called it the "Hillbilly bassinet"

Caden got a hair cut. Hes so funny- he loves to get his hair cut. Only this time he accidentally opened his mouth and got some hair on his tongue then tried wiping it off with his hand which was covered with hair. He wasn't too happy about that.

We decided Briggs needed a hair cut too. He had the cutest old man hair do. Really thin and short on top then above the ears and around the bottom of the back it was getting pretty long. It really did make him look even more like an old man! You cant see the hair hanging over the ears very good in this picture, but its there.
Love the side wings! I made them stick out so we could see them.

He wasn't too thrilled about it some of the time.


But, over all he did really good. Its just hard to get him to hold still. He wanted to see what dad was doing the whole time and would turn around trying to check him out.
AFTER..


I think he likes his new big boy look!

The girls being goof balls in the laundry baskets.

Now when Briggs is crawling around and comes to anything thats up off the ground he stands up to it. Its crazy! He will be walking before we know it!! Now lets all hope for some warm days!! mixed with fun rain ( not to be confused with SNOW)
Happy Spring in Utah!

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love the military haircuts. They sure looked cute. I can't believe how much Briggs has grown and learned. You better watch out now. Sometimes it is nice to just have a lazy?? day around the house. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got to spend the day together. I can't believe Briggs is already climbing stairs! Now you've really got your hands full (not like you didn't before) :) I love the "hillbilly bassinet" that's so funny! I wish my kids liked to get their hair cut. It's got to the point with Nick that he won't even let me use the buzzers, I have to use the scissors, which in a way is good I guess because I'm learning how to use them but it takes twice as long and doesn't look as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you might be on to something with your Hillbilly bassinet idea. Briggs is getting so big, I can't believe he's all over the place now. Creedin is still a little slug - I think he inherited my laziness, he wont even sit up yet- to much effort I think. But I'm okay with it...I'm sad to let the baby stage go -- kind of weird I'll never do it again.
    ps. I hope you are feeling better, what a bummer that you were sick on your bday.

    ReplyDelete