Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The BIG 30!!!!!!

On Friday Dave turned the big 30!! We didnt do too much.. When told him I could throw him a big party he said "yea, and I can just keep on driving past the house after work!" so I think that was a hint that he didnt want to make it a big deal. So we just kept it low key. The kids decorated the house, made signs and cards and blew up balloons and put signs on the door outside. They liked that, then we just had a good dinner and hung out together. He wanted bread pudding for his cake so I found a recipe and tried it, but it didnt turn out very good and I was bumbed! It was like soup in the middle. But I did still taste good... minus the wax that had melted by the time we got all 30 candles lit. O-well its the thought that counts, right!! We love you so much Dave and wish you the best- you deserve it!!!


Everyone blowing out the candles... he needed all the help he could get with all those candles!
Everybody saying "Cheese"

And... his new love!!! I've been replaced by a chain saw!


So of course we had to go try it out the next day. It was a great day we decided to take the kids snowmobiling, have a little picnic, and cut some wood for my dads hunting club that was getting low.

It dropped this tree like it was nothing! Dave calls it the "Wood Eater"


The kids finishing lunch and relaxing where we had our picnic. Aspens going in for a big smoocheroo on Briggs.. Lips puckered and all!




Briggs was such a champ! He loved being outside all day. I smashed down the snow and then built up the back and made him a little seat in the snow and he would just chill watching Dave cut down the trees then just wait for somebody to look at him so he could smile at them. As soon as we would start driving the snowmobile he would fall right asleep. What a trooper. I love this kid!!



Aspen fell in the snow and got stuck and me being the great mom I am told her to hold on while I got my camera to take a picture before I helped her up!




Caden with his little seat we made in the snow savoring the Cinnamon Roll my mom made



Caden and Kaylee on her little John Deere Snowmobile. This girl can ride!! I have to say that she could put me to shame the way she handles the snowmobile. She knows how to handle it so good and when she gets stuck she hops off and pulls the skies with all her might and a lot of the time gets it unstuck all by herself! She has so much of her dads blood in her.



She had to pull the sled with all our gear back to the truck and she was pretty excited. She did great!



This is how we got the wood back to the truck. We would bundle the wood together then tie them to the back of the sleds and drag them. We would have to go pretty fast to keep momentum and to not get stuck. It worked pretty good though.

It was such a super fun day and the kids really enjoyed it. We didnt get a lot of wood but it was still worth it. We love Dave so much- hes the best dad and husband ever and is always doing fun things for us as a family. The kids truly adore him, and so do I!
Happy Birthday Sweety!

2 comments:

  1. what a great gift and a great excuse to have an outing. It looks like you all had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 30th to the old man!! heeheheee -- This was possibly one of my favorite posts yet. I love the pictures, especially the one of dave with the look of PURE JOY plastered all over his face standing by the tree with ole' Wood eater in his hands. Your kiddos are all adorable and you can tell they think they have the coolest parents in the world (and I would have to agree!) and the picture of caden with that tasty cinnamon roll made me hungry (thanks alot) -- and don't let the bread pudding get you down, its the memories that make you laugh that really count. :-)

    ReplyDelete