Friday, March 11, 2011

seriously..

So Caden has been so much better about not getting in trouble the last couple of weeks. I have loved it. Then tonight the crazy kid came back for a bit. With the warm weather all he wants to do is play outside which is good, but I cant keep him in the back yard. Some how he gets out. So this afternoon I was feeding Briggs and noticed Caden out front riding his scooter when he was suposed to be out back. So I was watching him and then he went around the corner where I couldnt see him. It had been a few minutes since Id seen him so I decided to go check him. I walk out to the garage and hear loud noises from on top of my garage door. I look and sure enough.. theres Caden. My garage was open so he had climbed up on my car, on the roof of my car then jumped up on top of the garage door while it was up. Basically playing in the rafters of my garage!! The little stinker. He thought it was hilarious of course. I would have loved to be my neighbors listening to me yelling at him cohersing him to get down from there. I couldn't go up there to get him-the door would for sure collapse with me on there. So he did come down (after I let him dangle whining for me to help him because he couldn't quite reach the roof of the car... but I knew he wasn't going to hurt himself so I made him dangle from his armpits from the garage door for a minute so hopefully it scared him and he wont try it again). Then I put him in the house while I talked to my sister for a few minutes outside. We joked about I should have hog tied him inside so I knew he wouldn't be getting in trouble, but I thought.. No he knows hes in trouble he wouldn't be doing anything bad... WRONG!! I walk in and look out the back door and in those few minutes he had taken eggs out of the fridge, and cracked them all on my back deck, (he does this a lot. He thinks the chickens eat the eggs.. not lay them. He gets them from their coup and "feeds the chickens" the eggs they just layed.), emptied a thing of sour cream on the grass that I needed to make something for a funeral in the morning, and was sitting there lighting matches (seriously, what 2 yr old knows how to light matches by themselves??) that he must have found in our hiding spot up in the cup board- Which he would have had to climb on the counter to get to. There were 4 that had been lit and burned the tips of--- on my wood deck!!! Seriously!! Needless to say, he was in time out for a while and we obviously found a better hiding spot for the matches.
I was super glad it was date night for me and Kaylee tonight, and she let Aspen come. I was so ready for a night out with my sweet little girls!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!!!!! Holy Cow, that's all I have to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amelia, aren't you glad you just have "normal" boys like Nick and Drew? Hope this doesn't stop you from moving back here close:) Andrea, it's hard to believe you when he looks so angelic. Maybe he has multiple personalities? It was close to a full moon. Maybe that has something to do with it. LOL

    ReplyDelete