Friday, April 2, 2010

Tuesday night rides.... oh how we will miss you!!!

For the last couple of months, every tuesday night my neice would come watch our kids and we would go snowmobiling up west canyon. Usually Me, Dave, my sister Krista and her husband Kole would go, then off and on we would recruit others to go like my brothers Jeff, Greg, Riley, Cameron and others off and on. Man, we had so much fun!!!!!! We found some great places to go and beautiful scenery. But as of last week, there is officially not enough snow :( So, I think the sleds are parked until next season... oh how we will miss them! I never took my camera since the kids werent with us so these are the only pictures I have from my phone

This is Dave doing a hill climb.. Its actually a LOT steeper and longer than it looks. He tried to talk me into going up it and oh did I want to, but I just couldnt bring myself to but my baby to rist in my belly... right :)



It is a super fun ride to get up here, but a pretty steep one with fairly good drop offs on both sides. Someone got stuck coming up the hill and I decided to stop and wait while dave turned around to go help. But I didnt mind.. look and the scenery!!! We had such a fun time this year. Dave and his sled only took one good tumble head over heels down the hill. I would see Dave then the sled, then dave, then the sled then I just prayed the snowmobile would land first so it wouldnt be on top of dave. Well dave did land first but he was better than the bullriders getting away from their bull after they fall off. :) So, all was good!! Dave actually rides super good and I love to watch him. I would mostly sit in the meadows and just watch him. I would sometimes get brave and go try stuff, which usually led to me getting stuck and sitting there until somebody would come help me.. thats one of the perks of being pregnant. :) Thanks to those who would come with us and look forward to next year already!







3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh... I miss those views so bad! (well, not those specific views) but the views from the Utah mountains are so beautiful. Everybody says it's so beautiful here and some places are, but all the views are just totally green pine tree covered hills. There's no variety. We can't wait to come back!
    I'm glad Dave was safe. That would be scary. He's always been good at that kind of stuff though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its offical - we have to buy a sled now. That looks like so much fun! You guys are always doing fun things, stop it, would ya - why dont you just sit at home, like us, accomplishing nothing at all while your brain melts in front of the Tv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing that you didn't tell me about Dave's rollover until now. I would have been a lot more nervous that I already was with you going up there. It is a beautiful view though and I remember those days of being on the top of a snow-covered mountain looking down into the valley. Nothing more spectacular. It's good to have seasons because then you don't get bored doing the same thing over and over. Each season brings its own fun. Can't wait for Topaz mtn.

    ReplyDelete