Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter camping (thats what the kids call it)

Weve kinda started a tradition to go camping over conference weekend. We love to just be outside and listen to it while the kids can just play, and we make a fun weekend of it. This year was extra fun being Easter also. We headed out friday night knowing the weather would probably be bad, but hoping for the best. We did have a super fun time, and even everyone from my family was there at some point. We had 5 camp trailers out there, all filled with kids which always makes things fun!
Here are pictures of the festivities. (Prepare for lots of pictures)

Painting eggs saturday in the trailer while it was cold


Kaylees cousin Cody got a new motorcycle a few weeks ago, and ever since she heard about it shes been wanting to try to ride it. I thought she was way too young! Well on Saturday she kept begging and begging me. I thought Dave should be the one to teach her so I went to get him and he was sound asleep in the trailer-not feeling good and I just couldnt bring my self to wake him, so I guess it was up to me. I kinda talked to through it.. she had to start it and shift all by herself with NO help (shes very independant and stubborn like her dad-not always a bad thing :) and off we went.. she just took off like she has been riding a motorcycle her whole life. Good thing because this fat pregnant mom can only run along side of her for so long :) and that was it. She rode that thing around for about an hour. She loved to start it, so she would ride for a bit, then stop and turn it off just to restart it and start all over. She kept riding past the trailer to see if her dad was watching so I finally had to wake him up so he could see. They were both very proud. Shes been saving her money for a ping .22 gun she saw at walmart but now she said shes definetly saving for a motorcycle. "Just keep saving" we tell her!

All of camp..
Another milestone.. Aspen wanted to ride Kaylees 4 wheeler all by herself so I decided to let her.. Its a pretty open field. She did great. And she loved it. She too is hoping Kaylee will buy a mororcycle so she can ride the 4 wheeler more often!


The kidos on easter morning after finding the easter baskets.. The bunny didnt do a really good job at hiding. There are only so many hiding spots in a trailer
This is the snow we woke up to Easter morning
Caden is pretty proud of the one egg he found. Then he was done.
This is a picture of the water tower my crazy brother Riley and his friend slept on top of. He said he has always wanted to so he did. If you look close you can see someone on the top of it looking off. I think that is his friend. Riley is still sleeping. Crazy boys!!!!!


And finally.. Caden coloring his egg. sorry its out of order.

And last but not least, I had my ultrasound a few days and the baby looks great.. measured 9 days early which is always good. We got some great pictures of it... and Its going to be another BOY!!!
We are pretty excited for Caden to have a little buddy. Maybe it will help mellow him down a bit... lets hope:)

5 comments:

  1. How fun for you to have another boy! Now Caden will have a little boy buddy to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you guys had a super fun easter..
    and ya for another boy, Caden and baby will be best buds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Kaylee becomes a MotoCross champ I hope in her victory speach she remembers to mention us - All we want is our 2 seconds of fame! She's so brave - I can't even get Arlee to ride her peddle bike! And little aspen too, they both have sweet driving skills at a young age. That's a super fun Easter tradition - your kids are lucky to have cool parents like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a fun Easter campout. Thanks for inviting me. Getting stuck in the mud on the way out there reminded me of Nutty Putty Cave. Luckily Dave was there to pull me out. That cheesy grin of Caden's reminds me so much of Nick, closed eyes and all. Kaylee rode that bike like a pro. I was so proud of her. The kids are growing up so fast. I'm glad everything is looking good with the new little one. Glad it's a boy so Caden has someone to be a boy with when dad is at work. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, no fair, you guys had more snow for Easter than we did! Looks like great fun! I can only imagine Dave tumbling head over heels on his snowmobile. I think our sleds are in for the season too, too many other things to do now that the sunshine is back and the days are warming up! Tell Kaylee next time I'm in town I wanna see how well she rides, she sure looks like a pro in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete