Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Our new over-sized dog - Twixey

Well, you could probably say we've gone crazy and I couldn't agree more. Dave finally talked me into getting a little pony for the kidos. Hes really been trying for a few yrs, but for some reason I gave in finally. We've hesitated mainly because of the fact that we don't have the property to have a horse, and I don't want to have to drive somewhere every day to feed it. So we got this little girl and put her in our large dog run. Do you think any neighbors will notice that it doesn't look like a dog? or maybe we have so much junk nobody can see back to the dog run, only our immediate neighbours. Hopefully they don't mind. Our dog Sage and our new Twixy are the best of friends. I know.. Were crazy, but the kids have a ball with her!!

We got her on July 23rd, late at night so the kids didn't really get to see her until the next morning. Kaylee was trying to be patient and have me help her catch her, but she couldn't wait any longer so she did it herself.. look how good she did. Not too bad for never doing it or having anybody teach her. Its upside down, but it worked! :)

The kids spent most of that first day "exercising" her, which meant running and running her around the back yard.



This was like 6:30 in the morning when Kaylee had to go see if it was true and we had a pony in our dog run. She is still in her pjs, but had to have her cowboy had and boots on. Love this girl!!


The kids thought it was hilarious that she would jump off the little steps. Caught this picture right as twix jumped and Caden posed for the camera.

Kaylee set up a little barrels pattern in the back yard with the little 4 wheeler, the bucket and the wheelbarrow. They did this pattern over and over and over. My grass was all wore down in that pattern.

Aspen riding her. Reminds me of me in rodeo, my hair touching the back of the saddle and sitting on it. :)

Thumbs up dude!! With Alexa leading her. Alexa liked to ride her too, and get her good and mad so she would buck :)


It would have been cheaper to buy them a doll head to do the hair. That's mostly what the girls love to do. Catch her, tie her up and then do her main and tail over, and over, and over. They are getting to be quite the little beauticians. But that wouldn't be near a cool, right!! They are lucky they have such cool parents who let them have a pony in their back yard.
(Or cool dad I should say!)



1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on everything -- you guys are the coolest people I know. I'm so glad you are our BFF's!! You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete