Monday, July 11, 2011

Recent randoms...

Here are some of the things we've been up to..


Aspen, Cody (their cousin) and Kaylee I guess got annoying or something at family dinner at my parents so the older kids decided to bury them. They really were stuck for good.

We've been pulling rye at the farm.. oh the good ol days of rye pulling!! I remember them well. Except back in the day it was a lot easier without having to tote 4 little kids around!

Here's the kids loaded in the back of the truck headed to the wheat field.



Kaylee trying to pull out a big rye.


Aspen found some


There was one part in the field that is really tall that Aspen could get lost in.


Briggs enjoyed himself too.

The wheat was so a good size for Caden- it would smack him in the face so my dad is awesome and let him go bale the hay with him. Caden I'm sure was in heaven riding in a tractor with Grandpa.





This was on Mothers day we went into Daves moms to do some yard work and Briggs liked helping me weed her flower beds. I just love this picture and had to post it.


We had my Grandma Smith's 80th Birthday back in May so we had a big family dinner at the hunting club and then we all went and shot clay pigeons. Here is some of my family lined up to play a game of annie. We all love to shoot - there is quite the crowd of shooters when you get us all together.



This is Caden trying to pop popcorn while I'm busy and feeding Briggs- He is such an independent little thing! the only problem here is he used honey instead of oil. It made for a sticky mess. I am just glad he didn't plug it in or it would have been a lot worse!

And it waisted a lot of my honey!!


We came home late on night and the kids fell asleep in the car so we woke them up and told them to head up to bed. We came inside to see they only made it as far as the stairs!


We had a super fun rain storm here last week so all the kids just couldn't resist playing in it! the older kids went and played in the mud.


Briggs loves to help me out weeding the garden. He crawled right out of his pants somewhere in the garden.


MMMMMmmmmm.... A whole strainer full of home grown strawberries. They are so delicious!! Our strawberries have actually done really good this year- the best they have ever done by far! We blame it on the bee hive and the bees doing their job.


Lately the girls have been loving to sleep together. Aspen is the most snuggliest thing ever!


Very best of friends.



Well, I think that's all for now. I have the 4th of July and our camping trip to Vernon coming soon, but I am almost caught up..... YEA!!

1 comment:

  1. Those are such special pictures and special memories. I'm glad you post them for us all to see.

    ReplyDelete