Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Introducing Briggs Earl

Our little guy decided it was time to join our family. On Wed. Aug 4th I went to the doctor for my 38 wk checkup and he said I was super close.. I was dialated to a 4, and 75% effaced and "Really baggy", really baggy, what the heck does that mean (probably not the best thing to say to a pregnant lady as your checking her :) but, he just laughed and said my water bag was very full and low, meaning it could break really soon. So I decided to have him strip my membranes and if I was really ready that would help put me in labor. Well, sure enough a few hrs later I started having regular contractions 3-5 mins apart. I tried to ignore them and honestly hope they would go away...( I think it finally hit that I was going to have a 4th child and I think I was getting a little freaked out) but we were all at my moms birthday party, and my sisters wouldnt let me forget that I was having contractions and they were timing them more than me :) So by the time dave got home from work around 6 they were pretty strong and getting worse, so I broke the news that he better pack his bags. We ditched the kids on my mom for her birthday (good present eh?) and headed to the hospital. When I got there I was at a 5 and 90% effaced, so they kept me. I waited a little bit for the epidural then the nurse said "if your water breaks, you are going to go fast and might not have time for the epidural, so you might want to think about it" So I decided now was a good time. And, oh man, that was so nice! after having contractions every 5 mins for 7 hrs then no pain.. It was so nice. So we relaxed for an hr or so then the doc came and broke my water. They said to call them if I felt any pressure. Well, I was starting to, but it hadnt even been half an hour yet, so I didnt want to bother them. About half an hour after she broke my water the nurse came to check me, sat down on the bed, and said "oh, theres his head" then calmly ran out and yelled for the other nurses to call the doctor and come help set up. A few mins later the doc showed up, got all dressed and said to try a practice push.. then out came the head.. so 2 more pushes and little Briggs was out. He cried right away and everything was perfect. Well, except he come out upside down and his little nose was completely squished flat and over to the side. Poor little thing could barely breath through it! he had some bruising on his face, not bad and it went away soon. Then we spent the next 2 days at the hospital enjoying the sweet little thing. Its amazing the love you feel instantly for the little things, even when they cry, poop, nurse, then repeat the cycle all day and all night. We are so glad to have him here and that he is a healty little guy!!! So, theres my birthing story, more for me.. I always think I will remember it then a few yrs later I dont. I didnt record my other ones and now I wish I would have. So, sorry so long, but this is my journal!


This is just a few minutes after he was born

Being Weighed. 8lbs, Ooz... good thing he came early he would have been a big boy. He is 1/2 pound bigger than any of my other kids and he was 2 wks early! He was 19 in long.

Awe, a little snooze time with mom


And.. a little snooze time with dad (sorry is sideways)



The whole family. Its weird to think I have 4 kids now! We are a family of six!! Im way too young for that! ( in my mind I still think I'm about 22)




Being smootherd by the girls.. Man how we love him!!





Proud dad with his kidos!!


His crooked nose :) this is even the next day after it had popped up a little.



4 days old after his first bath at home.. wide awake and happy as can be.



oops.. wrong kid :) he decided he wanted to try out the bath after Briggs did.



Cozy in dads arms



All ready to leave the hospital to go home and be mauled by his sisters!



In the hospital with his name tag.
Were glad hes here and are gratefull to all who have helped. We have the BEST families and neighbors and friends in the world! THANKS!!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the little ray of sunshine, I have been dying to see picuters of him, I love his name and he looks just like Caden, oh so handsome.... seriously when I get home I want to hold him.. congrats a again, awesome birth story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Andrea!!! He is so cute! Sounds like the labor wasnt too bad, that or you are really tough! I am scared for that part.....hopefully by the time I want kids Blake will be able to have them for us =) haha congrats, he is handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! What a cute little guy! So funny thing...If we ever have a boy, we want to name him Brig. Great minds think a like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Congratulations!! Sorry I never called. I never know when to call a new mom, but we have been thinking of you!! Can't wait to see him in person. (Even though it's still a few months away.) Way to go with the delivery! :) Lincoln was 9 lbs 8 oz. Do you remember? His hands were big like Briggs. :) What a beautiful family you have. (You are to young to have 4. I thought you were 22 still. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came back from his blessing and I've realized again that they don't stay little for very long. Dave gave him a wonderful blessing and we are glad to have him in our family. He is so precious.

    ReplyDelete