Tuesday, September 1, 2009

1st Day of Scholl!


Last thursday, the 27th of August our little girl started kindergarten!! Its crazy to me how fast they grow up. It seems like a year or two ago Dave and I started dating, and now I'm one of the old parents who have kids in school!! I was super nervous all morning, had knots in my stomach, but she was so excited. It was time to head out to the bus stop, and I ran back in to grab the camera, and by the time I got back outside Kaylee was gone, just running as fast as she could, almost to the bus stop. I had to yell for her to come back so I could get pictures. I was nervous because she is sooo shy, she will not talk to adults, I was worried how she would do. She came home with all smiles. Then the next day, Friday, as soon as she got off the bus, before she said hi or anything, she just said "Mom, I want to go back to school right now!!" I knew then she would be fine!! She counted down all weekend until it was Monday and she could go back to school. She was sent home with the "sound Bag" where they have a letter (ours was Aa) that they have to fill the bag with things that start with that letter, so all weekend we were gathering things, and she had to present it to the class today. She came home so excited that she got up infront of the class and talked!! I was so happy and so proud of how far she has come in less than one week of school!! Good Luck Kaylee!! Mom and Dad love you!!

2 comments:

  1. YES!!! I'm was hoping I would be the first...and I am! Ole' Kaylee sounds like she is getting pretty brave, that's Awesome. But even more awesome is the fact that you are blogging now. WARNING: It can become addicting. Now all I have to do is get you signed up in Facebook and we can chat all day! SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea your little girl is beautiful! I can't believe how much she looks like you. It's so awesome seeing you as a Mom, it really seems like just yesterday that you and I were walking to meadow elementary together haha

    ReplyDelete